I’m not a fan of the cold nor rain which is one reason I refuse to leave California, but on days that it gets nippy I’ve learned how to master cold-weather attire. In particular, I’ve started investing in high-quality outerwear that is dual-function, sometimes even quadruple-function. Thus, I finally caved in and purchased this Burberry wool coat that I’ve been lusting over years now. Although it was a big purchase it was worth every penny. The next time you’re shopping and wondering if that coat is worth the price, try some of the below tactics I use to determine if it’s worth it.
5 tactics to know if the price is worth it on a wool coat
- Material: wool, cashmere, and gabardine are some of the best fabrics to invest in. Wool is particularly my favorite because it’s naturally water-resistant, breathable and extremely durable.
- Fit: fit is probably the biggest contributor to making you feel comfortable and put-together. I never buy clothes that don’t fit me the way it should. Clothes should be tailored to fit you.
- Layering: Does the jacket have enough space to layer underneath? I like having the option to layer it over a sweater, which is my go-to attire for ultimate warmth.
- Color: neutral color tones such as black, grey, tan is always a safe-bet and serve as great transitional colors you can wear year-round.
- Style: this is often the first thing people get attracted to. While style plays a large role it’s important to note that the best outerwear jackets are classics that never go out of style. Pea coats, trench coats, parkas and puffer coats are just some classic examples.