Wearing Zara off-the-shoulder top and head scarf, Levi’s wedgie 501 shorts, Vince Camuto laser-cut wedges, Kate Spade earrings, and Chloe drew handbag.
If you don’t know by now, Josh and I are avid fans of the desert and especially love Palm Springs. We took a short trip to Palm Spring to celebrate a friend’s 30th birthday and stayed at the Ace Hotel & Swim Club. I’ve always been a fan of the Ace Hotel because of the vibe, location, amenities (feel good spa, day pool, the bar), and overall style. Due to our love for the desert, I’ve mastered how to dress appropriately when traveling to hot destinations such as Palm Springs while still looking chic. I call this particular style, desert boho chic. If you’re planning to travel to a hot destination and want to stay fashionable but comfortable, below are 5 must-have items to pack!
5 Must-Have Items to Pack for a Desert Getaway
- High-Waisted Denim Shorts: I have at least 8 pairs of denim shorts and wear them over and over again. Some of my favorite denim short brands are Levi’s, American Eagle and Blank NYC.
- Off the Shoulder Tops: I’ve been obsessed with off-the-shoulder tops and love how effortlessly fashionable they are. I recommend finding cropped ones (like this ASTR one) to pair with high-waisted denim shorts.
- Nude or Taupe Colored Sandals: It blends in with the scenery, matches most outfits, and are comfortable to walk in. I’ve been eyeing these Joie sandals that are now on sale for $63. To buy or not to buy…
- Anything with PomPoms: Pompoms are on trend and immediately give your outfit that boho appeal. I’ve been seeing them everywhere including handbags, shoes, and bathing suits (like mine) and love how fun they are.
- A Headscarf: A headscarf is as practical just as much as it’s fashionable. I was so thankful I had a headscarf on to a) protect my forehead from the sun and b) to help wipe my sweat away. I got mine from Zara but also love this headscarf from Free People.
You must be logged in to post a comment.