|Model Candice Swanepoel for VOGUE ITALIA, February 2011 Cover|
During New York Fashion week, designers such as Diane Von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Rachel Roy and DKNY made certain to include bright bold colors such as orange in their Fall 2011 runway collections. While this season is exploding with an array of vivid colors, the pivotal point of this trend has yet to come. Color is by far the easiest way to literally, brighten up a wardrobe. Bright colors help produce a fresh and radiant outlook on life, while positively playing an affect on mood. Colors such as bright orange, hot pink and canary yellow are known to naturally help increase energy levels while stimulating attention. So, start off Spring 2011 fueled with excitement by incorporating brightly colored hues in your closet today!
Read my posts on San Francisco – Fashion Trends – Examiner.com page!
|Bright orange/ hot pink silk tank top by Wilfred from Aritzia, white denim from Zara’s, Nordstrom lace tank & necklace, fedora from Aldo, Michael Kors watch & Sam Edelman clogs.|
HOW TO WEAR BRIGHT COLORS:
1. Feel right to brighten up: Never wear a bright, bold color on a day you feel your worst. Because the pop of color attracts attention, always make sure you’re attracting attention to yourself on a day when you feel right and good!
2. Neutral it out: Allow the bright colored clothing article to take on the show, and neutral everything else out. This is the easiest way to keep your “pop” of color to remain the focal point of the outfit. leaving the remaining pieces of your outfit neutral also helps maintain an effortless clean and classy look.
3. Color block if you dare: Color-blocking (pairing different colors together in “blocks“) is a new trend on the rise, yet if not done properly it can become an evil eyesore. If you’re looking for new and innovative ways to wear bright bold colors and enjoy standing out form the norm, color-block! And quick tip: bright orange pairs best with tertiary colors such as magenta and teal.
3. Have fun with it: The fun thing about bright, bold colors is that, well, it’s fun! Don’t be afraid to add interesting accessories to the look such as a hat, some jewelry, a fun belt or fun heels! Dare to go a little wild and be a little clever with your look!
|Spring/Summer 2011 Runway Looks
1. GUCCI, 2. GUCCI, 3. DKNY
|Spring/Summer 2011 Runway looks
1. CARLOS MIELE 2. MARC BY MARC JACOBS, 3. TORY BURCH, 4. CHRIS BENZ
|1. Kate Bosworth wearing a Calvin Klein mini dress at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week for CK Fall 2011
2. Giorgia Tordini wearing a cropped velvet orange jacket in Milan
3. Heidi Klum wearing an orange blouse during ‘Seriously Funny Kids’ panel, Jan 2011