It’s now my 4th-week of social distancing and I’ve surprisingly adapted to this new shelter in place life. My first 2-weeks consisted of being in PJs all day, never having makeup on, barely washing my hair and having a lot of shoulder/neck pain. After the 2nd week, I felt sluggish, dirty, and just didn’t feel like me. I knew I had to change these forming habits so on week 3 I started a new routine similar to the lifestyle I lived before quarantine. It’s been tremendously helpful and has brought back that sense of “me” back into my life.
I realized how important it is to keep a routine, to actually change, and to continue doing things you love even if it means figuring out ways to do it creatively inside the house. Keeping a routine helps you keep track of your days, and I found that changing mentally helps separate parts of the day. Here’s how my new routine looks like at home all day, every day.
MY NEW MON-FRI SCHEDULE
- Wake up by 8am
- Get ready for the day including putting on a little bit of makeup (concealer, eyeliner, bronzer, blush)
- Put on a work-appropriate top, sometimes even jewelry, and change into more formal sweat pants or leggings
- Make breakfast. Usually, it’s something simple like a smoothie bowl with granola, toast, or eggs.
- Go to my guest bedroom which is now my office to start work around 8:30am
- Take a break for lunch. If I have a less intense work schedule I’ll play fetch with Gracie in the backyard to help her burn off energy and to get sun
- Get off work around 6pm
- Work-out with a LIVE or on-demand yoga or pilates class (every other day)
- Clean, do dishes and other random chores
- Eat dinner with Josh
- Relax by either blogging, watching TV, shopping online, playing the piano, or video games
MY NEW WEEKEND SCHEDULE
- Wake up whenever my body naturally gets up, usually around 8-10am
- Work-out on the Peloton
- Eat breakfast cooked by Josh
- Do random errands like yard work, laundry, and vacuuming
- Put on a full face of makeup ONLY IF I plan to shoot blog content or some TikTok videos
- OR don’t put on makeup and work on a random project. Some projects on my list are decorating our house (especially my new office and the in-law unit), creating our wedding photo album, and purging/posting things on Poshmark.
- Play with Gracie (this happens all throughout the day)
- Hop on a video call with friends. Virtual game nights and catch-up sessions via Houseparty have been my social escape
- Eat dinner with Josh
- End the day with a movie date night with Josh
I hope your shelter-in-place experience is going well and that you stay healthy and well. Thanks for reading!