If you follow my Instagram, you know that I never dress like this for work, especially since I work from home now. I took the above photo for a collaboration with TheFoldLondon on a weekend when I didn’t have to work my typical 9-5 and had enough energy to get dolled up and shoot content. 🙂
When I first started WFH in March 2020 I’d actually “get ready” for work. I’d put on a nice blouse, makeup, fix my hair, and look presentable for Zoom. Here we are 1 1/2 years later and my entire perception of WFH has completely changed. I no longer care about how I look and am all about comfort. My WFH wardrobe now consist of sweats (the baggier the better), sweaters, black t-shirts, and no makeup (thank goodness for eyelash extensions and microblading).
My top 5 WFH in comfort pieces:
- Plain black tee: this is my top of choice when WFH. It’s modern, comfortable, casual yet professional. My go-to tee is my Splendid crew neck because it’s lightweight and breathable. I own several plain black tee’s and like to rotate between them. I hope none of my coworkers think I wear the same shirt over and over again (which I also don’t have a problem with lol).
- Half zip sweater: If you haven’t noticed, half zip pullover sweaters are trending. I own a half zip sweater from Repeat Cashmere and wear it all the time. I love the half zip because it’s transitional and so easy to wear. Zip it up when you’re feeling cold and zip it down when you want some air.
- Oversized cardigan: If the cardigan doesn’t come oversized, I size up or 2 to give it that baggy look. Oversized cardigans are so comfortable and easy to throw on. Here’s an affordable Amazon cardigan recommended by @ellenorkim.
- Bralette: Instead of wearing a real bra with underwire, I’ve been primarily wearing bralettes. They’re so much more comfortable. My favorite bralette is What’s the Scoop Bralette by Free People. It’s very flattering on and has a lot of stretch.
- Brooklinen sweats: I own multiple pairs of sweats and these are my favorite because of the fabric (made of French Terry), stretch, fit, and pockets. They’re the perfect pair of classic sweats elevated for luxurious comfort.