Wearing Hidden Jeans oversized denim jacket, H&M cami dress, Gucci GG skinny belt, Proenza Schouler chain wallet and Nicole Shoes effie sandals.
The denim jacket is a classic style to own. I don’t know about you but I own 4 denim jackets: 2 trucker fit jackets in a dark and light wash, a cropped version, and this oversized one. Denim jackets never go out of style and look good with everything including jeans, shorts, dresses and even athleisure/workout clothes. If you don’t believe me, check out all these previous posts (example 1, 2, 3) where I’ve worn a denim jacket. The oversized denim jacket is currently trending, a trend inspired by the “boyfriend” look. Since oversized clothes can be tricky to style, here are 3 ways to wear the trend.
How to wear an oversized denim jacket:
- Show some leg or wear tight-fitting bottoms: My favorite way to wear an oversized jacket is with a dress since it gives it a feminine flair with some edge. By keeping the bottom half of your outfit tight, it’ll help offset the bagginess of the jacket and create a nice balanced look.
- Roll up the sleeves: Roll up the sleeves to hit anywhere from your wrists to your elbows. This helps offset the length of the body and makes the jacket more comfortable since the sleeves tend to be longer than your arms.
- Drape it over your shoulders: I love wearing denim jackets draped over my shoulder since it gives it a “cool-girl” look. I tend to wear my jacket like this when it’s hot out since it keeps your arms free. It also makes it easy to take on and off.
3 oversized denim jackets to snag:
- Levi’s distressed oversized denim jacket in light wash: on sale for $86 (originally $128)
- Forever 21 distressed denim jacket in medium wash: $45
- Missguided oversized denim jacket: $52 (comes in several washes including black and white)
You must be logged in to post a comment.